- Fill out a registration form
- Fill out Medical Forms Part A&B (required for trips), Part C is required for high adventure. If the supper activity this summer is at a BSA high adventure base like Philmont Part D is required.
- Venturing Youth Protection - Online
- Registration Fee $15, if you are not already registered with the BSA (like Boy Scouts)
- Fill out Venturing Program Capability Activity Interest Survey
The registration form for joining Venturing Crew 222 is the same form as used for joining a Troop or other BSA program. The form is a three-part pressure-sensitive document (writing on the top page automatically copies to the next two pages). Signature is required on the pack of the second page, and reference information on right of page must be filled out. To obtain this form, please contact the Crew Advisor or the Crew Committee Chair. When complete, the form should be returned to Crew Committee Chair, not mailed to the Scout Office.
Venturing Youth Protection Training
The Boy Scouts of America places the greatest importance on creating the most secure environment possible for our youth members. This course is required for all adult Venturing leaders and adult participating in overnight activities. This training will help leaders understand and guide youth through possible problems as it relates to abuse. You will also learn about the issues you may face as a leader to help provide a safer environment for the crew members and to protect yourself from false accusations. You take this online course by clicking this Link. Please print the card indicating the course completion so that the card can be included with your registration.
The medical form used by the Venturing program is the same form as used by other BSA programs. You can download this form by clicking this Link. This form needs to be updated annually. Yes this is required as a safety precaution for adults participating.